Howard P. Olsen Jr.
“If Howard could be described in only one word, it would be “devoted.” To his family, his clients, his community, and his coworkers, just to name a few. Over the past five decades Howard Olsen’s practice of law has been built on dedicated hard work, determined advocacy, and tireless service. Named the Star Herald’s 2016 “Citizen of the Year,” Howard has demonstrated a constant commitment to improving the well-being of all who surround him. Howard continues to vigorously serve his clients in all stages of litigation. He is also passionate about municipal law, and serves as the Alliance City Attorney, as well as an advisor to many other political subdivisions. When not in the office or with his family, you can likely find Howard biking countless miles around the panhandle or out searching for balls on the golf course.” – Libby Stobel
- Cirrus House Board of Directors, Clubhouse and residential facilities for the Mentally Challenged
- Platte Valley Companies Monument Marathon Steering Committee
- Ad Hoc Committee for Judicial Resource Retention in Western Nebraska
- 2016 Star Herald Citizen of the Year
- 2017 WNCC Student Success Welcome Center named after Howard P. Olsen
- 2010 Scottsbluff-Gering Chamber of Commerce Trailblazer Award
- President of the Nebraska State Bar Association 1996-1997.
- Recognized as a Friend of Western Nebraska Community College in 2013.
- 2005 NSBA Visionary Award
- 1993 NSBA George Turner Award for dedication to legal profession
- Fyfe v Turnpost et al 22 Neb. App. 711 (2015)
- Busch v Civil Service Commission for the City of Alliance, Ne 21 Neb. App. 789 (2014)
- Lasen v Anderson 187 P. 3rd 857 (2011)
- City of Scottsbluff v Waste Connection 282 Neb. 848 (2011)
- Wolf v Grubbs and Banner County 17 Neb. App. 292 (2009)
- Platte Valley National Bank v Lasen 273 Neb. 602 (2007)
- Barnett v City of Scottsbluff 268 Neb 555 (2004)
- Burlington Northern Santa Fe Ry v Chaulk 262 Neb. 235 (2001)
- Nelson v Production Credit Association of the Midlands 930 F.2d 599 (8th Cir. 1991)
- Armstrong v Hartford Life Ins Co 219 Neb. 128 (1985)
- Other Side of the Rail 1995 Nebraska Association of Trial Attorneys Newsletter
- It Begins With Me April 1997 Inaugural Nebraska Lawyer Magazine